Family Ministry CoordinatorBryan Garrett2019-07-08T14:01:29-06:00
Position Overview: SecondFirst Church (www.secondfirst.org) Rockford, Illinois, is seeking a self-starting individual to assume the role of Family Ministry Coordinator. As a federation of two historic downtown churches (Second Congregational UCC and First Presbyterian PCUSA), we seek to be a welcoming, invigorating place to explore the heart of Christ and to be sent out to serve the world. As the Family Ministry Coordinator, you will be responsible for planning and implementing children’s programming for infants through 5th grade on Sunday Mornings. You will coordinate and supervise the childcare staff, Sunday School staff and family ministries volunteers. You will also be responsible for implementing children and families activities throughout the year. Working closely with the Assisting Pastor of Member Care and Neighborhood Connections, you will create and maintain a safe, inviting and dynamic atmosphere for learning and spiritual growth. With the support of the Family Christian Education Ministry Team and other church members, you will have the opportunity to enliven the spiritual journey of our children and families by crafting engaging Sunday morning and child-friendly service opportunities and lively fellowship events.
Part Time: 15 hours per week including Sundays and some evening or Wednesday mornings for staff meetings. Time-off arranged with advance notice. The pay rate is $17.00 per hour.
- Empower the Family Christian Education Ministry Team
- Select the yearly Sunday school model and curriculum
- Oversee the Sunday school and childcare staff
- Create and give children’s messages in worship
- Create safe environments for learning and play
- Engage parents and church members in children’s spiritual growth
- Support children participation in the life of the church
- Oversee recruitment of Sunday school teachers and volunteers
- Coordinate events for the church
- Work closely with the Director of Youth Ministries
- Some Biblical knowledge (or willingness to learn the curriculum before a lesson)
- Faithful and service oriented spirit
- Energized and organized
- Team player with professional demeanor
- Self-starter who can implement her/his creative ideas
- Quick thinking and ability to adjust on the fly
Please submit a cover letter (applications will not be accepted without one) telling of your interest in the position, along with a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
SecondFirst is an equal opportunity employer. Individuals of all backgrounds, race, gender and sexual orientation are encouraged to apply.